Prepared sun-dried tomato pesto can be purchased in many supermarkets and is a real time-saver. Regular basil pesto may be used if you prefer.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, halved lengthwise, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or soy Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. sun-dried tomato pesto
- Preheat oven to 375F. Scoop out zucchini flesh, leaving a shell about 1/4-inch thick. Lightly salt and pepper insides of zucchini shells, and set aside.
- Combine zucchini flesh, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, olives, pine nuts, basil, 2 Tbs. Parmesan, pesto, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into zucchini shells, and arrange in 9x13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Add 1/2 inch water to bottom of dish, cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes, or until stuffing is hot and zucchini is tender. Uncover, and bake 10 minutes more, or until tops are lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 149
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 390 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g