Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Prepared sun-dried tomato pesto can be purchased in many supermarkets and is a real time-saver. Regular basil pesto may be used if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Scoop out zucchini flesh, leaving a shell about 1/4-inch thick. Lightly salt and pepper insides of zucchini shells, and set aside.
- Combine zucchini flesh, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, olives, pine nuts, basil, 2 Tbs. Parmesan, pesto, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into zucchini shells, and arrange in 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Add 1/2 inch water to bottom of dish, cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes, or until stuffing is hot and zucchini is tender. Uncover, and bake 10 minutes more, or until tops are lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g