Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Begin in Bhujapidasana, with the inner thighs as high on the outer upper arms as possible
- On an inhale, straighten the legs
- Press into the big toe mounds and draw the outer border of each foot back
- The pose can be practiced different ways, either with the pelvis low and the feet high or with the legs parallel to the floor
- In either variation, press down firmly through the whole of each hand
- Use the fingertips to pull the sternum away from the navel and broaden the collarbones so the chest is not collapsed
- Hold for 5-10 breaths and then either release to the floor or use and exhale to transition into Bakasana