Revolved Half Moon Pose (Parvritta Ardha)
Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Begin in Parvritta Trikonasanawith the right foot forward
- Bring the right hand to the right hip and take the gaze to the floor towards the front of the mat
- Bending the right knee, move the left hand diagonally forward and to the left
- Pivot onto the left toes, shift the weight forward and come to stand on the right leg while raising the left leg until it is parallel to the floor
- Spin the left inner thigh to the ceiling to keep the leg in a neutral position and bring the left side of the pelvis forward and down so the sacrum is level
- Flex the left foot and press back with the heel while simultaneously reaching the sternum to the front center of the mat
- Keeping the height of the left leg, pin the right hip back and in towards the left heel
- Inhale for length, exhale for rotation, twisting open to the right and reaching the right arm to the ceiling
- Take the gaze to the right and in the direction of the top hand
- Continue to work to keep the two sides of the waist equally long (pinning the right outer hip back and in) and the sacrum level (rolling the left outer hip forward and down) so the twist is primarily in the upper back
- Hold for 5-10 breaths then look to the floor, bend the right knee and carefully step back into Parvritta Trikonasana.
- Exit and repeat on the other side