A Simple Ayurvedic Routine to Balance Vata
Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Vata Massage Oil Recipe Blend
This grounding, calming massage oil recipe featuring NOW® Essential Oil is specially formulated with warming, soothing essential oils to address imbalances in the Vata mind-body type, such as anxiety, insomnia, or dryness. Massage into skin using circular motions as part of a daily abhyanga (self-massage) for a simple Ayurvedic routine (an ancient healing system). Pair it with meditation and your favorite mantra/affirmation!
- 4 oz NOW® Solutions Organic Sesame Seed Oil
- 20-22 drops NOW® Lavender (Organic) essential oil
- 15 drops NOW® Frankincense essential oil
- 15 drop NOW® Roman Chamomile essential oil
- 10 drops NOW® Clove (Organic) essential oil
- 10 drops NOW® Orange (Organic) essential oil
- 5-6 drops NOW® Patchouli (Organic) essential oil
- 1 drop NOW® Cinnamon Cassia (Organic) essential oil
- In your clean, empty dropper bottle, add in NOW® Solutions Organic Sesame Seed Oil or the carrier oil your choice halfway.
- Add in your NOW® essential oils.
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with your carrier oil.
- Tightly adhere your lid and then swirl the ingredients together.
To Use: Before each use, shake bottle well. Drip oil blend on any area needing attention, and massage in as needed.
Save 20% on your order at NOWFOODS.COM with code YJSAVE20*!
*Offer Valid 10/25/19 through 11:59pm Central Standard Time 11/30/19. Offer valid only on nowfoods.com. Prices are as shown. Some exclusions apply. Must use coupon code YJSAVE20 in the Promotion Code field at checkout. While supplies last at nonfoods.com. This offer does not apply to applicable taxes or shipping and handling. Offer cannot be used on previous purchases. NOW Health Group, Inc. has the right to end any promotion at any time.
caution: Essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Dilute essential oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure essential oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.