This quick and easy recipe combines raw cashews with a fantastic, health-supportive ingredient known as matcha. Literally meaning powdered tea, matcha is made from high-quality green tea and is an incredibly potent source of antioxidants and nutrients that have been linked to slowing cancer growth and boosting metabolism. Both cashew nuts and matcha tea create a delicious, nutritious treat you can enjoy with vegetables, fruit, crackers and in smoothies.
Cashew Butter with Matcha
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon matcha (leaves or powder)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and runny, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Transfer butter to an airtight container and store in a cool dark place for up to 1 month.