Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
As readers of Yoga Journal, we know you care for your physical, emotional, and mental health—and this includes your intellectual wellness. In short, this means you’re always actively working to expand your mind by exposing yourself to new skills, ideas, beliefs, and perspectives. It’s the pursuit of lifelong learning—something that is innate to humankind and immensely beneficial to one’s overall health and happiness.
Yoga in itself is a practice in limitless learning. In each class, you might discover a new pose or variation, practice a different form of pranayama, or even gain insight into an unfamiliar aspect of yoga philosophy. This endless curiosity and desire for a deeper understanding of the practice of yoga—and by extension of ourselves and the world—is one of our guiding principles at Yoga Journal. We know you appreciate this, as well.
Outside Learn’s mission is to inspire you to grow in all your active pursuits—and encourage you to explore new ones. From yoga and nutrition to fitness and outdoor adventuring, our comprehensive course catalog offers more than 2,000 videos and 450 lessons, taught by world-class experts, and we’ll be adding more every month.
And a bonus for yoga teachers: Many of our courses are eligible for non-contact continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance.
Some of the courses available now include:
- Yoga for Strength & Flexibility with Derrick “DJ” Townsel: A six-part series with weekly stretches, drills, and asana practices that will make you break a sweat—and challenge your limitations on (and off) the mat.
- The Culture & Practice of the Yama with Rina Desphande: A six-part course that explores the historical and cultural roots of the yama and how to embody them in your practice and life.
- Master Class: Smart Sequencing with Natasha Rizopoulos: An informative class for teachers or advanced practitioners that breaks down how to sequence to advanced postures.
- Studio sessions: A new collection of asana classes that meet you where you are. Ranging from 10 to 30 minutes, these videos will help you rev up (and recover from) your active lifestyle.
- Easy Vegan Meals: A 5-part program featuring practical insight, recipes, cooking demos, and more to show you how to go plant-based on a budget.
But that’s not all you can explore. From the ultimate introduction to Backpacking (summer is coming!) to speed training for runners and how to capture stunning photographs of the night sky, our courses can also help you level up your skills or discover new passions.
With Outside Learn, we want to encourage our readers to get outside, get moving, and stay curious. Your body (and mind) will thank you.