Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This bread pudding can be served as is or with raspberry sauce or warm fudge sauce poured over the top. To make the recipe ahead, cool completely in pan on a wire rack, then cover with foil and refrigerate up to 3 days. Wrap slices in foil and warm in the oven.
- In small bowl, soak cranberries in apple juice until they’re plump, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9 1/2-inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, brown sugar and cocoa. Whisk in soy milk and vanilla until well blended. Add bread pieces. Drain cranberries and add to bread mixture along with prunes. Stir with fork until bread is thoroughly moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pack mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on baking sheet and bake until bread pudding is puffed and lightly browned and a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack and cool 20 minutes. Unmold onto serving plate. Serve warm.
- Serving Size 12 servings
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 294 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g