Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Look out! These are addictive. As with all icebox cookies, the dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days. Makes 24.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, and beat until dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto sheet of wax paper, and shape into 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper, and freeze 1 to 3 hours, until very firm, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two baking sheets. Cut log into 24 1/4-inch slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove from sheets, and cool on wire racks.
- Using fork, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies in zigzag pattern. Let chocolate set.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g