Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This chocolate-rich pudding is sure to become a family favorite. Serve it topped with whipped cream if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.In medium bowl, combine eggs, yolks, sugar and salt. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until sugar is dissolved.
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, cream and cocoa; cook over medium heat, whisking until cocoa dissolves. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Slowly pour cocoa mixture into egg mixture and whisk. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cool. Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer. Pour into six ramekins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Place ramekins in glass baking dish on center rack of oven. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of ramekins, creating a waterbath. Cover baking dish with foil and bake until set, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove ramekins to wire rack and let cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
- Serving Size 6 SERVINGS
- Calories 386
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 278 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 105 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g