Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Play around with this recipe, and alter the seasonings to suit your taste. Serve this with plenty of hot coffee . . . and the morning paper.
- To make Filling: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté vegetables 2 to 3 minutes. Beat together eggs, salt and pepper, and pour over vegetables in skillet. Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until eggs are almost firm throughout. Transfer eggs to mixing bowl, and set aside to cool 15 minutes. Stir in pepper sauce and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 9×12-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make Filo: Remove 8 to 10 sheets filo from package, covering remaining filo with plastic wrap. Cut filo to fit pan. Spray every sheet or every other sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with butter or oil as you place them into pan. Spread egg mixture on top of filo layers. Top mixture with remaining filo layers, spraying or brushing sheets as before.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove, and cool about 15 minutes before garnishing and serving.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 430 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 360 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g