Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
As wrappers for this savory mixture, this colorful luncheon or supper dish borrows flour tortillas from Tex-Mex cooking. Present the tortillas open, and let guests or family members do the wrapping up themselves. Offer corn or tortilla soup to start, and a butterscotch pudding or flan for dessert.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Put diced avocado into a mixing bowl, and stir in feta cheese, lime juice and black pepper. Add scallions, “bacon” bits, sunflower seeds and soy mayonnaise, stirring gently to combine. Stir in grape tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- Spray tortillas lightly with nonstick cooking spray, and heat in oven until softened, for about 30 seconds. Remove from oven, and place each tortilla on individual plates.
- To serve, line each tortilla with whole lettuce leaf, and mound salad mixture on top.
Tangy feta cheese and tart lime juice give these wraps a little attitude, so you’ll want a wine that will balance these flavors but will also go nicely with the rich silkiness of the avocado. A chilled Barboursville Sauvignon Blanc from Virginia would be a good choice.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g