Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This sturdy dish combines falls hearty greens with a creamy cheese sauce to form a complete meal. Try it with heated focaccia bread, and stewed fruits for dessert.
- Put greens into large saucepan, leaving rinse water on leaves. Cover, and steam over medium heat until completely wilted. Using tongs, put greens into colander. Drain, squeeze out excess water with hands and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil in large skillet, and sauté beans and garlic 5 minutes. Add sunflower seeds, “bacon” bits and greens. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Put tofu and soymilk in blender, and purée until smooth. Pour into saucepan, add cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Put greens mixture on individual plates, top with cheese sauce and garnish with diced red pepper.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g