Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you prefer, combine the cooked macaroni and sauce in a casserole dish and bake at 400°F until the top is golden brown and crusty, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni; stir to prevent sticking. Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree tofu until completely smooth. Transfer to medium saucepan and add cheese and margarine. Place over low heat and slowly bring to a gentle simmer, stirring often. Cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine cooked macaroni and cheese sauce and stir to blend. Season with salt to taste and serve hot.
- Serving Size 6 kid-size servings
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 244 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g