Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Look for baby pumpkins from late October through December. Hollowed out, they make charming tureens for individual servings of soup or this delicious herb and vegetable stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice off top 1/2 inch of each pumpkin and scoop out seeds. On ungreased cookie sheet, bake pumpkins for 15 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat broth or water to simmering over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened but not browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, sage, thyme and bread crumbs. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Lightly fill pumpkins with stuffing. (Any remaining stuffing may be baked separately in a lightly oiled baking dish.)
- Bake until stuffing is lightly browned and heated through, about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overbake pumpkins because they will split.
- Serving Size 8 Servings
- Calories 54
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 78 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g