Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This easy quickbread is filled with crunchy walnuts and sweet dried blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9×5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- Place apple slices in bowl, and toss with lemon juice. Add blueberries, and set aside.
- Combine flour with oat bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Blend applesauce with cane juice in separate bowl. Using fork or wire whisk, stir together egg replacer powder with water in liquid measuring cup. Add egg replacer powder mixture, soymilk and vanilla to applesauce. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, adding apple-blueberry mixture halfway through before ingredients are totally combined, stirring just until blended. Do not overbeat. Pour batter into prepared pan, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cool slightly before serving.
- Serving Size SERVES 12
- Calories 223
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 236 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g