Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This is a hearty side dish, or when doubled, a fine salad supper.
- Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
- Wrap tofu in paper towels, and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Pat dry. Slice into 3 pieces horizontally; cut each piece in half. Set aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, vinegar, chili paste and garlic in 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Add tofu, turn over to coat and let sit 15 minutes.
- Spray tofu with cooking spray on all sides, and grill until browned and crusty, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange arugula on large serving platter, then arrange grilled tofu on top of arugula.
- Meanwhile, add green beans and onion to remaining vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill beans and onion on perforated rack, stirring frequently, until beans are tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Arrange beans and onion on top of tofu. Pour any remaining vinaigrette on salad. Serve.
- Serving Size SERVES 4
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 530 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g