Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
An aromatic marinade adds complexity to these mushrooms, which resemble flank steak when sliced at an angle.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, ginger and tahini. Stir in tamari, sesame oil, sugar and wine until well blended.
- Put mushroom caps in shallow bowl. Add tamari mixture, turning to coat mushrooms and let stand 15 to 30 minutes, turning once.
- In large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms (reserve marinade) and cook, turning once, until browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Cut each mushroom on a slight angle into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In small saucepan, heat reserved marinade.
- To serve, spoon hot mashed potatoes on serving plates. Fan out mushroom slices over potatoes and lightly drizzle with marinade.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 292
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 1027 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g