Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Dominique Nabholz took her inspiration for this veggie-packed dish from her “fantastic mother-in-law Marge,” who made a version of this comforting meal for Dominique and her husband during a holiday visit.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place potatoes in large pot and cover with 2 inches water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add soy crumbles and mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Sprinkle gravy mix into skillet. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Add carrots and peas, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, and mash with soymilk, broth and margarine. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread soy crumble mixture evenly in large baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until lower layer bubbles around edges of mashed potatoes.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 352
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 624 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g